Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Arcade Display Project - Retro Yet Modern

I constructed an arcade machine a few months back and while I enjoy it just the way it is in all it's arcade goodness I realize that nothing is truely finished in my world. How would the average passerby be made to know the shear ineptitude of my Pacman skill. I'll tell ya, A homemade 6 character 14-segment display my man. Why not 7 characters you ask, cause if you break a million on any game you'll be asked to leave... seriously, get out. I figure a 4"x12" display hoisted above the arcade will get people's attention. And the thing displays uppercase letters as well. Sprinkle in a touch of embittered A.I. and my arade machine will be barking out orders to its subservient users in no time. I still have to wire up 84 LED's , find some frosted glass and write me some control software but I think it's well on it's way to being half done. Updates to follow.

No comments: